Sunday, August 4, 2013

Yard Sale Love

Last  weekend I realized  I haven't been out  to a single yard sale this  year.  I love yard sales but I usually come home with stuff I don't really need.   After doing  my dresser over with chalk paint, and  loving the finished project, I thought  I'd look  for  some other  things  I could do over. I'd give  myself  a spending limit of $20 and  see  what I could come up with. So  here are the finds from  my first two trips out.


Here's the first batch from last weekend.  I picked up a crib head and foot board plus a stack of bar trays at   one stop, then just when I  thought I was done for the day, I turned onto our  road and found  this perfect little writing  desk  at  a neighbours  yard sale .  Considering my  $20 weekly spending budget I think I did pretty darn good on this  trip.

So far I've turned one of the crib pieces into  a nice chalkboard. and I'm  almost done the desk set,  though the chair still  needs to have   the seat covered.   I'll show  that on another  post when it's finished.


This long weekend has been fabulous so far.  Lovely weather, not too hot or too cold.  A bit of rain, but the garden wants it so that's good.  And a ton of  yard sales. 



This is my haul..  Two plant stands, a ladder back chair, a child's rocker, and a bookshelf. That's the shelves leaning inside.  All solid wood pieces with great potential.. I can't wait to see how they turn out.  And.. I only spent $18.   I'm wondering, does that mean I get to add  the change to  next weeks budget.  hmmm.

I can't wait to transform these into something that can be loved again so I went to the paint store  and got some ooops paint. These  are paints that have been mixed wrong and the customer didn't want so they are on sale. You can get them very cheap. 
I   put the colours  I got onto the  paint stick here.
So  its on to the next step.. deciding what colour to use :) The childs rocker is screaming little girl peach. Lets see what happens.


Bye for now and have a great day everyone.

No comments: