Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Shopping List

Did anyone watch Steven and Chris today?  They were cooking some Portabello mushroom pizzas and Ceasar salad that looked super yummy but what I really liked was the grocery list template they shared.  It can be found on their website here ..  shopping list

I'm like a lot of people when I go shopping for groceries, I'm not prepared.  I make a list but its all over the place so I have to go up and down the aisles and backtrack a dozen times to get what I need. The biggest problem with this is that by the time I get out of the store there are a few dozen things in my cart that I didn't intend to buy.  And most of them aren't good for me. 

This list is designed so that you travel the perimeter of the store and don't go up and down the aisles at all.  Because all the healthy foods are on the outside aisles, this keeps you from making those impulse purchases.

You are only supposed to go into the center aisles to pick up the items that are on your list and then head to the checkout. 

I'm thinking this will help keep my diet in check, as well as save me a bit of cash because I'm not impulse shopping.   Just thought I'd share.

Bye for now ... and have a good day everyone.

No comments: