Sunday, August 18, 2013

This weeks treasures 1

Have you ever been so excited about something that you couldn't wait to do it,  kinda like a kid on Christmas morning?  That's the way I feel about the ideas I have for repurposing this weeks finds.

This piece was given to me by my wonderful daughter in law. It's doors match the cabinet doors in my kitchen.  I've been looking for a  cabinet to use as a sideboard  in my kitchen makeover so its going to be a perfect  fit. 




Hubby and I went on a yard sale cruise Saturday morning and found these really sturdy maple chairs.  I'm not sure yet whether or not I'm going to paint them.. they do need a good clean up and some new covering on the seats. 




At the same sale I picked up this beautiful side table with storage.  Its lines were so beautiful and the chicken wire on the door was perfect. I could picture her   finished before I even made an offer.  Of course she went straight from the truck right to my work table.  What a marvelous way to spend the rest of my weekend.


The very next sale filled up our truck and put an end to our yard sale shopping for the day.  I spotted these antique beds and was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  We had to take everything out of the truck and repack to fit it all in.




These pieces are at least a hundred years old and the turned posts  have a pretty, unique shape.  The side rails are wood as well so there are extra pieces to work with. The metal pieces that attach the rails to the ends look like old square barn nails,  at least the ones that are left do.


I've never come across anything this old before.   The rails are to damaged to be fixed and the beds are an off size so they don't fit any mattresses today,  so I won't try to restore them as beds. 
Instead I see two of the most fabulous benches I can imagine. What do you think?


Bye for now.... have a great day everyone.



No comments: