Friday, April 19, 2013

Coffee Mate Containers.

After last weeks ice storm the weather has finally warmed considerably.  With temps in the double digits and a good rain we can see the snow melting more every day.  This has me thinking about spring cleaning.  Hand in hand with cleaning go my issues with storage.

My biggest problem area is in my tiny  kitchen.  Moving from a house with extra storage in a garage and basement I have been trying to find places for a ton of stuff I need only once in a while as well as the items I want at hand for convenience because I use them almost daily.  With about half the cupboard space of my old kitchen this has been quite a challenge. 

I am a coffee lover.  It is an absolute must in the morning, but I also love my afternoon and evening decafe.   I drink mine with the original Coffee Mate creameer and for years have been putting those neat little containers with the red lids into the recycle bin.  Then last week I had a duh moment and decided to do this with them.


All I did was remove the plastic label, clean really well, and add some neat little labels I found here.  I used a white glue and they stuck really well. I added some over the front of the label too so I could wipe them clean.  They are sitting on the back of my stove.

This space  was not used for anything useful and they fit really  well.  I can imagine a nice row of them with  sugar,  flour,  cornstarch,  salt  and whatever else I can fit .  In my kitchen this small storage solution is a really big deal.

I searched pinterest to see if I could find some other cool ideas for these nifty little containers and some of them are kinda cute.  I will have to see once I get enough to use  here. Well I have the weekend off so I am going to do some of that spring cleaning I metioned.  Something to look forward too.  :)

Have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. The only other thing I ever saw them used for were snowmen and we don't want snowmen again until next December.