Monday, April 22, 2013

Tissue Paper Butterfly

I absolutely love reading    Happy Hooligans   blog for tips and craft ideas for my kidlets.  On Saturday it was just a bit cooler and the wind was making it uncomfortable outside to get anything done so B and I decided to make something.  She wanted to do butterflies as presents for the family.

First she painted some clothespins.
 
Then she put paint dots on tissue paper. Her colour choices. I love the decision making she was doing.
 
She did a great job gathering the paper in the middle.
 
 
 
She chose a different colour pipe cleaner for each butterfly
 then wrapped the end around her finger to add some shape.


Added her googlie eyes and pipe cleaners and had a perfect little group of butterflies. 
She was really proud of her accomplishments. 
 
 


 I added a dab of hot glue at the top of the clothespins to hold every thing in place. I think she could have done this herself as well with a low temp  glue gun.

This project was perfect for a four year old. Just challenging enough.  You can tell by the smile how happy it made her. I think her favorite part was giving them away.  :)

No comments: