Friday, April 12, 2013

Making it easy

This week I thought I'd share a few of the things that I found recently that make my life  a little easier and a bit more organized.
 I can't believe I didn't know most of these,  but if I didn't they might just be new to you as well.




 7 cups water, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/3 cup ammonia (or lemon juice) and 1/4 cup vinegar for-the-home , mix, apply to grout, wait for 20 minutes or so , wash off and you have clean grout.




These next two will come in really handy the next time you need to paint.
 
 
This would make clean up so easy.
And this would make painting those ceilings less messy.
 
 
 
 
Did you know that all those rolls in the kitchen that come out of the box when you try to use them have little spots in the end of the box to press in.  This keeps the roll in place when you are using it. They are even on the boxes from the dollar store. I could have used this one many times.
 
 
  
Have you ever locked yourself out of the house? I have.
Glue a rock to the top of a empty pill bottle, bury the bottle so that only the rock shows. A spare key is hidden inside! so simple!
 
 
Here's something that will keep kids busy for hours on those hot days.  You know the ones I mean, where nothing will make them happy.  Fill a plastic dish pan with water and add a bunch of plastic toys.  Put it in the freezer and you have the most awesome playtime activity for the heat.
 
 
 
This ones for flu season.  I've done this all winter and wish I had always.  Attach your old empty tissue box to the new one, This pic shows rubber bands but I use tape on the larger boxes.  You now have a place to put those used tissues.  When the box is done toss the dirty one and add a new box to the empty one.  Genius.
 
 
 
I haven't tried this one yet but next year all my ornaments will be put away like this.  I always wrap them in tissue but every year I lose a few.
Glue plastic drinking cups to cardboard and stack in bins. Perfect for even the most fragile glass ornaments.  And reusable.
 
 
 You can view all these and more here  I hope you can find something useful. I know I did.  

If you have one you would like to share please leave a comment. I would love to share it with my readers.
 
 
Have a warm and snug day if you can, If you can't be extra careful and stay safe in this terrible freezing rain.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: