Saturday, April 20, 2013

DIY AquaDuck

Last night I was catching up on some of my blog reading and when I read this one  and I was done.  I had to have one of these.   A simple Faucet Extender makes it possible for kids to wash their hands independently!
Of course it makes it easier. When I put my toddlers up to the sink on a stool they can reach the sink, but its an almost rib crushing experience for them to reach the water. This brings the water to them.



When I see something I just need to have, I need to have it NOW.   One of her readers mentioned you could make one from a baby oil bottle so I checked out faucet extender and found all kinds of ideas.And I sure wasn't paying for this when I could make something myself.

This was the one I came up with to fit the shape of my faucet.




I choose this bottle from my bathroom closet. I was almost empty and the label peeled off so I would have a nice clean finished product.





I removed the label and  marked where I wanted to make my cuts. I used a grease pencil to make my lines so I could clean off anything that showed when I was done.






When I  finished cutting this was what I was left with.  The cut through the cap started as a single slice and I just played with it until it fit over my faucet but was still tight enough to stay put. It snaps on and off very easily. 



I absolutely love how easy this was and how much use it will get with my kidlets.  And the whole project from start to finish was about 15 minutes.

My four year old granddaughter was the first one to try it and she loved being able to reach the water and do everything herself.
 

 Of course you can purchase the real item from Amazon  Canada for $21.99  plus your shipping and taxes, but mine works just fine and my total cost? a whopping $0.    Love it.


Have a great day everyone.

No comments: