Saturday, June 8, 2013

Liquid Hand soap

My poor little kidlets seem to have had runny noses forever.  Winter was so long and now we have had another damp cold spell.  We wash our hands about a million times every day and I ran out of hand soap in my foam dispenser this week.  I usually have a huge refill bottle on hand, but in keeping with the chemical free theme, I knew I was going to make my own from now on. 



Just  a few ingredients. Some distilled water, castile soap and a few drops of essential oils.  I removed the label and cleaned the bottle well.  Then I added everything to the bottle and gave it a little stir.  I used 1 part  castile soap to 4 parts water and added some tea tree oil and lavender essential oil because if their antibacterial properties.  I think I'll add a few glass pebbles to the bottom of the bottle for some pretty colour and to add some weight. This bottle tips too easy. 
 
 



I love that the tea tree oil will do its job on those nasty germs. It would be nice if runny nose season would come to an end though. 

As an added bonus the tea tree oil will help with all the itchy bug bites my poor kidlets got before we started using my home made bug repellent as well. I'm happy to say it works pretty good to keep the black flies and mosquitoes away.  And the lavender has a nice soothing quality.

No comments: