Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting things done.

I have been so busy lately that I haven't even thought of  writing this blog.   The thing about having so many ideas is that eventually you have to take some time and get some of them done.

My lovely hubby brought home a few straw bales about 10 days ago so I got them into the yard and started conditioning them.  Luckily we have had quite a bit of rain, because you have to keep the bales really moist and they dry out quickly in the wind.

So now I'm ready to plant the tiny little tomatoes and cucumbers that were started really late.  For anyone wondering how its going I will take some pics and post all the details of what I have done so far. It's really an experiment for me because the soil here isn't good and I don't have time to build raised beds if I want to grow any vegetables this year at all. 

I've also been collecting wild flowers and herbs and  drying some of them, and making some infused oils in prep for some home made salve. I've made a bit of natural insect repellent because the blackflies and mosquitoes are really vicious this year. If it works I will share that as well.   

I'll try to take time in the next few weeks to write  about all these wonderful things that are getting me closer to my goal of being  as self sufficient as possible and completely chemical free in my home by the end of the year... One step at a time. 

Future projects include home made laundry soap and  chemical free diy cleaners.  Some new   healthier recipes I want to try and an all natural home made medicine chest.

If you have any ideas you think I might like please share. I'd love to hear from you.



 

No comments: