Monday, August 19, 2013

River stone Hot Plates

I love these little hot plates I made from river stones.  Such a country thing to have in your cottage kitchen, or in any country themed décor.


I picked up a handful of these little 8 inch straw mats at a yard sale this weekend. You see them everywhere and no one really knows what to do with them any more.





My dear hubby installs flooring and river rock is really popular in showers now so there are always little unused pieces of the flooring leftover from jobs.  It comes pre glued to sheets for installation, and being the hoarder I am he brings the bits home and I take all the little stones off the sheet and save them.  Free craft material... gotta like that.


I haven't done anything using my glue gun lately and I knew it would be so much better than waiting for glue to dry.  I decided I wanted the first one to be darker stones so I separated light from dark and arranged them onto the straw mat. 




Once the arrangement was ok I glued all the stones on the mat. These stones are for the bottom of a shower so they are kind of flat and very smooth.  They are meant to be nice for your feet.  The bonus is that a hot pot will sit on a flat surface.





When I was done I did the same with the lighter stones on another mat.









Here are my hot plates finished. Aren't they cute.  I love how they turned out. Very  beachy cottage chic. What do you think?






Bye for now... and have a great day.

No comments: