Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kids Activities

Here are a few things the kidlets have been doing to keep busy this summer. 

Playing in the Mud Pie Kitchen. It's  the first place everyone goes for. This is very simple to make.  Mine is just a part sheet of plywood that I fixed to my fence and I use two chunks of firewood for the front legs.  All the pots, bakeware and utensils came from a second hand store where I paid $5 for the lot.  Of course the cooking ingredients come from mother nature herself.




 This Music Wall is another easy thing to make for your kids.  Mine is just some wind chimes, a few pans and jello molds, a xylophone no one played with before I put it on the wall and some plastic and wooden spoons for drumsticks.  It's great fun for very little investment We sometimes add some plastic water bottles with rice or beans etc. for shakers as well. Indoors we have a container of music toys and we have music play almost every day.  Rattles, drumsticks, harmonicas, and anything that makes noise is on the menu for this activity. 




This cloud dough sensory bin is great. I put the recipe and instructions in this post. The kidlets have played with it numerous times now. When we use it indoors I just put an old sheet on the floor and let them do what they do. It's easy to change out the play items for a whole new direction and clean up is so easy.




An Idea that came from sensory bin play was this take on a sand table.  Here we are using it with cars, but we have had dinosaurs, farm animals, and little people in the sand as well.  Just put a tray on your tabletop and add a few cups of sand.  I bought a bag of play sand in the spring and while we lose some each time I just dump what's left back in the bag when we are done. 




And of course there's always bubbles on those hot days to keep us busy for a bit. 









One of my favorite places online to find great ideas for everything kids is Happy Hooligans.  Her blog is fabulous and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for first rate ideas to keep your kids active and creative.  I follow it faithfully and once you see it you probably will too.

Bye for now and have a good day everyone.

No comments: