Friday, August 9, 2013

Cabinet makeover

 
Sometimes things  just come together, even when there isn't a plan.  That's what happened with these two pieces.


















A few years ago my hubby was given this cabinet from someone remodeling a cottage. 
I used it for toy storage in the playroom for quite a while, but since we moved here its just been in the office collecting dust. 
Its really solid so I couldn't part with it.




It was pretty beat up but would make a fabulous liquor  cabinet  change table   games storage  well you get the idea.  
See the  beautiful grey plush lining.
I finally decided to just go ahead and paint it.  






I dug it out of the office and cleaned it up with some water and vinegar. 
I gave it two coats of my home made chalk paint. 
Its a nice grey/blue that I think goes well with the lining.  
I think it makes a  nice liquor cabinet.  But... its just nice.






Then last week I found this book case at a yard sale.  It had long been forgotten, was covered in dust and grime, but had both the shelves and a really nice shape. 
After a good clean up and patching a few missing bits with wood filler, I decided it needed the same paint as the cabinet. 









Even before I was done painting I new both pieces were going to go together perfectly. 

So was I right?    I think so.













Now  I have to  decide what to put in it. :)


Bye for now... and have a good day everyone.

No comments: