Saturday, August 24, 2013

Little desk and message center.

I can't wait to show you the  message center in the corner of my kitchen .. It didn't start out as a planned project,  but for some reason it just ended up as the perfect pairing.  Does that happen to you too?  Things just seem to go together naturally.



First I fell in love with this little yard sale desk set.  It's very petite by todays standards, but it's the regular height of a modern desk and chair. It was made in the early 1900's long before we needed extra space for all of our electronics. Back then people still wrote letters .





It had some little scratches  on the desk top and the chair was broken at the top cross bar.  A little Gorilla glue fixed up the chair and the hole was filled with some wood filler and sanded.







 
 
 
Just look at this seat,  its hideous.  It is definitely going to need an update.
I painted this set in my favorite (right now) colour, and after a little distressing and wax I thought  it was looking quite beautiful. 
 
 
And the damage on the chair? Can't even tell where it was.
 
 
Isn't this a pretty colour? It's no wonder I'm hooked on it right now.  :)  It's such an improvement over the dark brown finish and those horrible harvest gold flowers. 
 
 
Take a look at this stash of stuff again. Do you see those rectangle shaped trays piled on the desk. There are four of them and they are truly ugly, and cheaply made. 
 
 
 
A coat of blackboard paint and some paint on the boarder to match the desk set and look at them now. It's cool how you can turn almost anything into a blackboard now.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
There were four of them so I labeled them according to what I needed most.  I actually missed  a shower invite on the weekend which inspired one of the labels. I won't forget another invite again.
 
And here they are in their new space, doing a wonderful job of keeping me organized ...... If that's possible. Just enough room inside for my daycare schedule and a phone book.
 
Of course all my pieces are for sale, but I won't be too sad if this one doesn't go for a long time.
 
 
Bye for now.... and have a great day.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: