Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This Weeks Treasures 2

The long weekend in September means different things for different people. End of summer vacation and beginning of school being the  main one.
For me I love that it's a huge yard sale weekend.  People tend to put out things they have a hard time letting go of. But now  its the last chance before winter and if it doesn't go now it's  a long time until the next big yard sale weekend.  Around here that's usually the long weekend in May.

Here's what I brought home this weekend. Actually I went to a few places and got a head start by picking out a few things during the previous week.

I brought the table in this picture home on Tues evening because I knew it would go early if left for the yard sale scheduled on Saturday.  I think the word is out that I'm looking for stuff to do over, otherwise I wouldn't have heard about this one. It's really nice to get the inside scoop. :)










This coffee table was a pre- yard sale  purchase as well.  It's very old pine and still in good shape. I think this one is a keeper. We have been looking for the right sized  table for it seems like forever.






I found a bunch of little wooden craft projects at one of my first stops on Saturday morning. Of course they need some attention and maybe some re-inventing. 








And this home made rack for holding 2oz. craft paints was almost a steal.  The lady that had it  said her husband made it for her but she wasn't painting anymore. And it came with all the paints you see here. I hope she knows it has a good home now, where it will be appreciated every time I choose a paint colour for a project.  This piece is definitely not for resale.






You can never have enough shutters.  I think that should go without saying.














And this stash of windows and crates I found at a single stop.  The top crate is for bottles of HP sauce and someone has written on the side "for Haliburton". Probably the original delivery instructions. 










So... what do you think of this weeks finds?
Did you find anything wonderful this weekend?


Bye for now ... and have a good day everyone.

No comments: