Monday, July 29, 2013

My new toothpaste.

This is  one of  the things I use every day that I have replaced using items I have in my kitchen.  Toothpaste..... we  put it in our mouth at least twice a day and like a lot of other stuff  I'm just not happy with its list of ingredients.  If you want to find out for yourself , check your brand of toothpaste, and go online to find all the ingredients and what they do.  This tends to be some very interesting research. I had to do this for myself because I didn't really want to take someone elses word for it.  How could it be bad.   Everyone uses it ... right. .. Yeah.

To make my own I simply mixed a few ingredients I felt safe using and started brushing my teeth with my mixture.  Really simple. 

Here is my recipe:

2 tablespoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide
and about 10 drops of essential oils
I use clove oil, peppermint, and tea tree.

Mix it to a thick paste and  just dip into this and get busy brushing.. and it works  AMAZING.

This homemade paste keeps my mouth feeling fresh all day long.  Honestly, that just brushed feeling lasts for hours. 
It removes the coffee stains from my teeth, (which is a must because I love  my coffee). I am really happy with how white my teeth are now. 
The essential oils keep my mouth healthy and deters the bacteria that cause plaque  and bad breath. 
I do use a less than food grade quality essential oils for this but don't swallow any so that is fine. 

 This has worked great for me but I must mention that you can make your own from any of the  recipes you see online.. I actually tried a few others first and then just came up with this because it has the things I am looking for and is so simple.

If you have tried this toothpaste or any other homemade version, let me know how it works for you and what you are using.

Bye for now and have a good day everyone.



No comments: