Friday, July 12, 2013

No-Poo Shampoo

This post has no pics or separate recipe because quite frankly its so simple I'm almost embarrassed to post it.

I haven't used regular shampoo for quite some time now.  Like most people I have used a lot of different brands over the years and found most of them did what they claimed to do.  It is a completely personal decision on my part to stop using things  containing chemicals that can pollute my personal space. Because most things can be absorbed through the skin, shampoo is on the list of things I'm not using any more.  Read the ingredients  on any bottle  and you'll know why. Although I expect you will have to do a little research just to find out what those ingredients are.

There are a lot of natural  alternatives out there. I tried a few different ones and to my delight, the easiest one to use worked just as well as any of the other ones.  I simply dissolve a tablespoon of baking  soda in a cup of water  and pour it over my hair  in the shower.  Work it through my hair making sure I get all  the hair from  scalp to ends and then rinse it out.  The baking soda grabs all  the daily dirt and just takes it down the drain.  See...Too Simple.

This method alone wouldn't be successful without the Apple Cinder Rinse I posted yesterday.  When I first  used this I didn't like the way my hair felt when it was still wet,  and it seemed a bit more tangly to brush out, but I quickly realized that it leaves my hair really clean, soft, and shiny.  And the longer I use it the better it gets. 

So I get to save the money I'd be spending on product. I'm not using any new packaging to end up in the landfill.  I have no nasty chemicals on my hair or scalp, and I like the end result. 
I'm giving "No-Poo and Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse" combo a definite  A+

Bye for now and have a great day everyone.

No comments: