Thursday, July 25, 2013

Little round table


I picked a little round table up at a fundraiser  sale recently and had no idea what to do with it.  I went to the sale because it was for the Minden flood relief fund.  See the flood here. 

I thought it was kinda cute and I could imagine it having been a little accent table in someone's farm house for many years.  I hated to see it go to the dumpster, which was the fate of whatever didn't go at this particular sale. At a loss for what I was going to do with it, it just sat in the back room  at home for about a month.

Then last weekend I did the dresser makeover in my last post. Now feeling like a pro, I decided I could fix up this little gem with what I had on hand.


Here  she is with the top missing when I first pulled it out of the back room.
Notice that the vinyl is still intact on the bottom shelf. I actually think it was the aqua colour on the legs that attracted me in the first place.






I tore off the vinyl on the bottom shelf and painted the legs and metal trim with my homemade chalk paint. The colour is called Cucumber Lift.  It's a very pretty green. The lighting in the picture doesn't show it really well. The chalk paint covered the metal as well.





I sat the table aside to dry for  a bit and cut a few pieces of this wallpaper to fit. It's got a vinyl finish, so it will wipe clean and not be ruined if something spills on it. You can't see it in this picture but the paper has a thin blue stripe in the mix that is almost the same colour as the paint.



I glued the paper to the table with some gorilla glue. I wanted to make sure there would be no curling up at the edges.  Then I gave the whole thing a couple of coats of paste wax.

And here is the finished table.  I think she is really sweet, considering how bad she looked before.  I intend to use it as a night table in my guest room.  It's big enough to hold a lamp, clock and a book.  A nice little basket on the bottom shelf would be the perfect place to keep a few things people might forget at home. 

It makes me happy to know I saved her from the dumpster and now she can last another lifetime here in her new home.


Bye for now, and have a good day everyone.



 

No comments: