Monday, March 25, 2013

Character with Shutters.

We've been in the new place for 6 months now and I'd like to share a couple of the things I've been able to do with no cash. Which is exactly what my budget is right now $0.

When we first moved in there were shutter doors on both the closets in the laundry room. It's a nice enough room but both the doors opened into the room. When they were open it was very hard to access the closets. My solution.. remove the doors. I'll have to decide what to do with the closets at another time, maybe some nice curtains.

So I have 2 sets of shutter doors and I never throw anything away. This is where I head to pinterest for some inspiration. There are so many things to do when you are decorating with shutters..Here are a few of my favorite pics.



A great  shelf  with coat hooks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This headboard is fabulous.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This Hall Tree is great and I love the chippy corbels.

 

This is what I did with mine. I painted both sets a light aqua. I had this can of paint on hand. It was left by the previous owners. It's a  vintage aqua colour and I  love  it.    My grandaughter Amber was helping so it was a fun day for both of us. Then I attached both sets onto the dining room wall with just a few screws  and added the shelf above. Then all I had  to do was unpack a few  items and put them on the shelf.  I added some of my favorite family photos. Some  very old ones and some  a little more recent.



I really love this look.


I'm quite happy with the results. It really adds  character to what was a huge blank space.  If you would like to see more shutter ideas here is a link to some great pics on pinterest.  Have some fun looking at these great ideas and enjoy your day.

No comments: