Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coffee is a necessity

 We've have been really lucky this winter and have had no power outages. Everyone around us has been hit really hard with ice storms and high winds, and had to endure some long stretches with no power. We've had a ton of snow but our power has stayed on.
One of the things I hate when it does go out is having to make instant coffee.  Coffee for me is a real staple. And the instant stuff is really awful. 
I've been making a list of things that I would need to get through all kinds of emergency situations and this percolator from Amazon is on the top of the list.
 
  It might not be the most important thing to most people doing their own emergency preparations, but for me it's right up there. During an emergency its important to have all your basic needs met, but it doesn't hurt to have a few things that just make you feel a little less stressed as well.
 I grew up with the smell of coffee brewing on the stove top,   in a pot just like this one, every morning, and there's something about it that just says home and comfort.  So the next time the power does go out I want to be able to make good coffee.
What's on your list of things to get you through an emergency? and make you feel a little less stressed.
 
Bye  for now....and have a great day


No comments: