Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fun in a playpen

 
I first saw this on pinterest, and with the kids getting a bit of cabin fever I decided I needed to give them something new to do for a bit.. The little ones I care for are quite tiny still and it is very hard for them to get around outside in the deep snow.
 
 
Pack n play repurposed on pinterest.
   This is what I did with the damaged playpen I had. There was a large tear in the side of it so I cut the netting out on that side.  I positioned it in the corner where there was a ceiling hook above.  I hung the mosquito netting canopy I had from another time over the playpen and just pulled the netting through the corners and  knotted it . I added a butterfly to the net and a few blankets and stuffed toys and the kids had a ton of fun all week playing in the finished result.

What I loved about this project is how easy it was.  The whole thing took about 30 minutes total and was totally fun.  I can take it down when the kids get bored with it and just put everything away. All the items can be reused again and the playpen can be covered with a different top for a whole new adventure. 

No comments: